Full Time in Turner, OR at Willamette Valley Vineyards
Willamette Valley Vineyardshttps://www.wvv.com/
Location: Turner, OR
Industry: Jobs, Marketing, Sales
Type: Full Time
Willamette Valley Vineyards is seeking a full-time Marketing Manager to lead the department and coordinate and implement various marketing communications projects including digital and print marketing, public relations, social media, advertising, events, direct-to-consumer sales campaigns, trade marketing, and creative development. Programs are designed to share the company story and brand values and promise to drive sales, awareness and engagement.
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, results-driven, creative and enthusiastic with exceptional organizational and communications skills to plan and execute the marketing department’s goals.
This position will report to the Winery Director and supervise a small team including a Marketing Assistant and Graphic Designer.
Responsibilities to include:
- Responsible for development and execution of annual marketing plans which address all aspects of the marketing mix including promotions, packaging, advertising, public relations, website, digital, social media, and brand development.
- Lead the Marketing budget development, adherence and review. Approve marketing related invoices and purchasing.
- Oversee all company e-mail communications to consumers, trade and media with production and design assistance from the Marketing Assistant and Graphic Designer. Ensure effective, engaging, accurate and error-free communications.
- Create email sales promotions in coordination with Direct and National Sales to drive awareness and sales.
- Oversee all brand’s website management, including design, performance, updates and maintenance with assistance from Marketing Assistant and Graphic Designer. Maintain up-to-date product inventory and descriptions in online store.
- Assists in brand development including design, story, packaging, and digital presence.
- Assists in packaging redesigns including logo development and wine label development.
- Oversee that the company’s online identity including all social media sites, consumer review sites, directories, winery guides, event listings and apps are created and up-to-date. Follow industry trends for new winery, tourism and e-commerce opportunities. Create and implement social media calendar, create/develop regular engaging themes and posts.
- Works with National Sales team to develop marketing programs to grow sales in existing and new channels.
- Works with Graphic Designer on creation of promotional point-of-sale materials and strategies for National Sales campaigns, sales presentations, sell sheets, point-of-sale materials, promotional items and trade/consumer newsletters.
- Write winery copy, which includes wine profiles, POS, biographies, press releases, email blasts, labels, tech sheets, website and other communication materials.
- Develop compelling story lines for the brand in its history, appellation, vineyard and winemaking practices for media, trade and consumers.
- Assists in developing and implementing Ownership recruitment strategies in coordination with the Stock Committee. Includes email and hard copy communication, advertising plans for print, lead development, digital and radio, earned media, event planning and promotion.
- Manage all outside agency initiatives which can include digital advertising, packaging, designers, public relations, etc.
- Cultivate relationships with traditional and new media, including wine, food, events, travel and sustainability writers for ongoing press coverage. Host media tours and events.
- Lead public relations activities including news releases, key media relationships, press mailings, and products submissions.
- Coordinates all company photography and videography needs.
- Maintain digital archives of company’s earned press, awards and photography.
- Works with Graphic Designer on direct-to-consumer point of sale materials, menus, tasting passports, Wine Club inserts, Ownership materials, etc.
- Coordinates documentation on-site and off-site events through pictures, videos and blog posts for use in marketing activities.
- Coordinate the design and ordering of all business point of sale material, event visuals, sales tools and business stationary items.
- Coordinate the print and digital advertising schedule and contracts. Coordinate with Graphic Designer all artwork needs.
- Proof read all company marketing materials with attention to detail and grammar.
- Researches marketing partnerships with associations and other organizations to drive sales. Support coordination of wine sponsorship opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree, including 5+ years of experience in a Brand/Marketing management position in a consumer products or service company.
- A passion for wine with demonstrated industry knowledge.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organization, maintain positive work environment by communicating in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Enjoyment of teamwork in achieving a shared goal.
- Exceptional written and oral interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to work until the job gets done under tight deadlines and to high quality standards.
- High deductive reasoning skills and problem-solving ability.
- Skilled in design with a creative eye and attention to detail.
- Accurate proof-reader.
- Tech savvy to become an expert in our email marketing platform, CRM, POS systems and Microsoft Office Suite. Solid understanding of social media and digital platforms.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Salary: DOE, with health and 401K benefits
Please submit writing sample along with cover letter and resume.
Salary: DOE, with health and 401K benefits
Application Link: http://wvv.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=667706&job