Full Time Advancement Director in Portland Metro at Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary
Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Maryhttp://www.snjmusontario.org
Location: Portland Metro
Type: Full Time
The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, U.S.-Ontario Province, is an international congregation of Catholic Sisters and Associates dedicated to the full development of the human person through education, social justice, contemplation, and the arts.
We are currently recruiting for a senior-level Advancement Director. This new full-time position, located at our Province headquarters near Portland, Oregon, requires a unique individual with experience in managing multiple development activities to their fullest potential. In this position you will be responsible for the effective planning, organization, direction and coordination of development activities for the U.S.-Ontario province in accordance with the province’s mission, vision and values. The director in collaboration with the Province Leadership Team and regional development directors provides vision for the department, identifies potential sources of funding and guides fund raising efforts. The director raises money for specific projects through grants and major gifts from donors.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing/public relations, non-profit management, or related field.
• Minimum of 10 years’ progressively responsible experience in fund-raising, preferably in a not-for-profit organization.
• Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of funding sources for faith-based organizations.
• Proven track record of successful fund raising efforts.
• Ability to understand and advocate for the mission, values, and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names.
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in development and ability to implement those best suited for a particular situation
• Proven ability to research and benchmark practices and to collect, analyze and employ data to guide decisions.
• Strong verbal and written English language skills for donor communications, grant writing, and other development department communications.
• Demonstrated ability to foster respectful, collaborative relationships with internal and external contacts.
• Diplomacy, flexibility, maturity, and professionalism in performance of job responsibilities.
• Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Computer proficiency, including extensive experience with a development/fund-raising software.
• Ability to suggest process improvements and offer support.
• Proven ability to manage, coach and evaluate staff members
• Ability to travel periodically to other SNJM locations, professional conferences, and related events.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical/dental, group life and disability coverage, a 401k plan, and a paid time off program. .
Please visit http://www.snjmusontario.org/find-us/employment/ to review the full job description for this position.
To apply, please submit a cover letter summarizing your qualifications, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application Link: http://www.snjmusontario.org/find-us/employment/