Full Time Assistant Program Specialist in Portland, Oregon at Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT)
Assistant Program Specialist
Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT)http://www.portlandoregon.gov/jobs
Location: Portland, Oregon
Industry: Government, Jobs, Management
Type: Full Time
Do you pride yourself on your attention to detail? Do you have experience multi-tasking and assisting in a variety of different projects? Do you have a passion for people? If so, you may be the Assistant Program Specialist we are looking for!
The Portland Bureau of Transportation is currently looking for an Assistant Program Specialist to join their team to help assist with the continued program development and implementation of the Livable Streets Strategy. For more information on the strategy please see below. The primary tasks for this position will include:
- Assist with development of new documents
- Assist with development of implementation guides
- Assist with public outreach for the Portland in the Streets Program including attendance at Street Fairs, Sunday Parkways, Tram events, etc; maintain public website
- Collect data regarding attendance and other performance data identified by the Program Manager
- Perform basic analysis and summarize findings
- Identify program improvements
- Draft outreach and communication materials
Experience navigating GIS software and Adobe publisher is preferred but not required.
In October 2017, City Council passed the Liveable Streets Policy where Portland Bureau of Transportation has a focused approach to prioritizing people. For more information on the Liveable streets strategy please visit : https://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/article/660622.
Why work at the City of Portland?
The City of Portland is committed to offering medical, dental, vision, basic life, and long term disability coverage that provides quality care, support and value to eligible employees and their family members. Additional benefits such as flexible spending accounts, supplemental life insurance and employee assistance program coverage is available to ensure employees have the appropriate tools to safeguard themselves and their family.
The Portland Bureau of Transportation is a community partner in shaping a livable city. We plan, build, manage and maintain an effective and safe transportation system that provides people and businesses access and mobility. We keep Portland moving. For more information about the Portland Bureau of Transportation, please visit www.portlandoregon.gov/pbot. The Portland Bureau of Transportation embraces diversity, models inclusivity, and promotes equity through its service delivery, internal operations, organizational culture, and in its work with partners and the community.
The following minimum qualifications are REQUIRED for this position:
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of external and internal stakeholders such as: community members and historically underrepresented groups utilizing PBOT services
- Ability to analyze program, operational, and procedural problems such as barriers to service and provide logical, fact based conclusions.
- Experience in sound business communication including verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of public outreach and involvement, including marketing principles and practices.
- Experience with standard business software (Please list specific types)
The Recruitment Process
Applicants must submit a professional resume online, specifically focused on your qualifications for this position as identified in the “To Qualify” section of this announcement in accordance with the following Application Instructions:
- Your answers to the supplemental questions should include details describing your education, training and/or experience, and where obtained which clearly reflects your qualifications for each of the numbered items in the “To Qualify” section of this announcement.
- Your resume should support the details described in your answers to the supplemental questions.
- If you are requesting Veteran’s Preference, as identified below, please describe in your answers any transferrable skills obtained during your military service and how they relate to each of the required minimum qualifications under the “To Qualify” section above.
- Your resume is recommended to not exceed a total of two (2) pages combined.
All completed applications for this position must be submitted no later than the closing date and time of this recruitment. E-mailed and/or faxed applications will not be accepted.
If you are requesting Veteran’s Preference, attach a copy of your DD214 / DD215 and / or Veteran’s Administration Letter stating your disability to your profile, as well as checking the box identifying yourself as a Veteran. You must request Veteran’s Preference AND include a copy of your documentation for each recruitment you apply for.
Veteran’s Preference documentation must be submitted no later than the closing date and time of this recruitment
Non-citizen applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at time of application.
It is the policy of the City of Portland that no person shall be discriminated against based on race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income. The City values diversity and encourages everyone who is interested in employment with the City to apply. If you wish to identify yourself as an individual with a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 and will be requesting accommodation, the requests must be made to the Analyst(s) named below No Later Than the Closing Date of This Announcement.
Senior Human Resources Analyst
Bureau of Human Resources
Salary: $50,876.80 - $78,332.80 Annually
Application Link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor/jobs/1933450/assistant-program-specialist?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs