Full Time Automotive Equipment Operator I in Portland, Oregon at Portland Parks and Recreation
Automotive Equipment Operator I
Portland Parks and Recreationhttp://www.portlandoregon.gov/jobs
Location: Portland, Oregon
Industry: Government, Jobs
Type: Full Time
An Automotive Equipment Operator I drives and operates one or more pieces of equipment, some of which may include pavement marking vehicles, 6-12 yard dump trucks, compressor trucks, boom trucks, tower or platform trucks, crane trucks and small front-end loaders. Depending on the location of the position, some may be assigned additional duties such as pulling a variety of trailers, the operation of auxiliary equipment and related semi-skilled and manual work as part of a ground crew in addition to driving. AEO I’s are expected to operate any equipment required for their job assignments, within their job description, after appropriate training. Additionally, employees in this classification are subject to federally mandated random drug/alcohol testing. Other positions may require additional Tanker, HazMat, and/or Combination endorsements. Although the current vacancies are in Portland Parks & Recreation the resulting eligible list may be used by other City bureaus to fill any upcoming vacancies.
This classification is represented by The Portland City Laborers (PCL). To view this labor agreement, please go to https://www.portlandoregon.gov/bhr/27840 and click on the appropriate link.
The City is offering an optional information meeting for this recruitment. Please see the Additional Information section below for details.
- Knowledge and experience in operating automotive motorized systems.
- Ability to apply construction safety principles and practices.
- Ability to follow and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Skill in detecting needed maintenance, adjustments or changes to equipment.
- Skill in safe and effective application and operation of tools and equipment.
- A valid Class “A” Commercial Drivers License and an acceptable driving record at time of application
The Recruitment Process
- Your application should include details describing your experience and/or training, and where obtained clearly reflecting your qualifications for ALL of the numbered items in the “To Qualify” section of this announcement.
- If you are requesting Veteran’s Preference, as identified below, please describe any transferrable skills obtained during your military service and how they relate to each of the required minimum qualifications under the “To Qualify” section above.
Work History Format
- Duties: For each job include details describing your experience and / or training which clearly address ALL of the minimum qualifications identified in the “To Qualify” section of the announcement that apply to that job.
Additional Information Format
Please use the Additional Information section to describe:
- Any training or education and how it relates to the required minimum qualifications.
- Any paid or unpaid volunteer work and how it relates to the required minimum qualifications.
- Any Military experience and how it relates to the required minimum qualifications.
Tamara Larison, Senior Human Resources Analyst
Bureau of Human Resources
5530 SE 72nd Ave
Portland, OR 97206
Wednesday, December 27, 2017
Salary: $22.14 - $26.84 Hourly
Application Link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor/jobs/1925334/automotive-equipment-operator-i?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs