Full Time Director of Communications and Marketing in Bend at NeighborImpact
Director of Communications and Marketing
Industry: Jobs, Management, Non-Profit
Type: Full Time
Are you a dynamic and friendly jack-of-all trades communications professional, who loves multi-tasking and juggling multiple projects and platforms? Do you have a marketing or journalism background but searching for more meaningful work? Do you want to come to work every day knowing your work is helping Central Oregonians? Do you want to work for the employer consistently voted one of the top 100 Non-Profits to work for in Oregon? Then you need to apply for the Director of Communications and Marketing position with NeighborImpact!
This position, located at the Bend Empire office, is a full-time (40 hours per week/Exempt) position salaried at the wage of $62,316.80 annually ($29.96.00/hour). We offer year-round 100% premium paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and EAP. Additionally, we offer several voluntary plans including some family medical plan options, flexible spending, supplemental insurance, discount fuel, health club membership and pet insurance. In addition to these benefits, there is a 403b retirement plan where the employee is eligible to start contributing right away. After qualification period, the Agency contributes 5% towards this plan. Finally, there is a very generous leave plan with accruals for Vacation, Sick and Personal time off in addition to paid holidays.
This position reports to the Executive Director and serves as the “face” of NeighborImpact. The Director is responsible for the overall development, implementation, management and administration of NeighborImpact’s national, regional, and community communications. This position provides leadership in engaging and managing diverse communications channels and media to support raising awareness among clients and the community at large regarding NeighborImpact programs, services and societal benefits, and to actively, to positively promote NeighborImpact’s overall image and visibility and manage and ensure consistency in representing the NeighborImpact “brand.” This position is a member of the NeighborImpact executive, management and leadership teams.
– Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, communications, marketing or related field. Three years’ experience as a working journalist, communications or marketing professional may be substituted
– Prior to date of hire and throughout employment: valid driver’s license, proof of current auto insurance, access to reliable transportation required and a satisfactory criminal background check (required)
– Must be confident, organized, analytical, innovative, creative and a capable problem-solver. He or she needs to be driven and possess effective written and verbal skills, as she or he regularly interacts with clients, reporters, upper management, and his or her own staff. The Communications Manager is the “face” of NeighborImpact and should be professional and courteous
– Must have a working knowledge of media news cycle and newsroom production, e.g. deadlines, news cycles, news hooks, 24-7 access, etc.
– Must be able to work across multiple platforms–print, A/V (television, radio, social media and internet)
– Must be able to work effective with vendors in negotiating contracts for content creation and overseeing and implementing contracts on-time and on budget
– Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products
– Occasional overnight and weekend travel may be required.
ALL applicants MUST follow the instructions found at www.neighborimpact.org and ALL applicants MUST submit a cover letter stating why interested and qualified for the position, an updated resume, and signed application. Only applicants with all three will be considered. If the job description requires specified college credits or degree, submit proof (transcripts or diploma) with application. Successfully submitted application materials will be receipted by email.
Job Posting – 12/26/17. For a complete job description visit our Website at: http://www.neighborimpact.org/ and click on the “Work For Us” tab. NeighborImpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity includes, but is not limited to, employment, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination. All applications will be considered only on the basis of the applicant’s knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. It is our established policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Salary: $62,316.80 annually ($29.96.00/hour) - Exempt
Application Link: http://www.neighborimpact.org/