Full Time Eligibility Policy Analyst in Salem at Oregon Health Authority
Eligibility Policy Analyst
Oregon Health Authorityhttp://www.oregon.gov/OHA/Pages/index.aspx
Type: Full Time
STATE OF OREGON
invites applications for the position of:
Operations and Policy Analyst 3 (Eligibility Policy Analyst)
JOB CODE: OHA15-0462
CLOSING DATE/TIME: 10/18/15 11:59 PM
SALARY: $4,569.00 – $6,691.00 Monthly
JOB TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Salem, Oregon
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) is a state agency dedicated to helping people and communities achieve optimum physical, mental and social well-being through partnerships, prevention and access to quality, affordable health care. We are absolutely committed to ongoing innovation in the delivery of services, and to recruiting, developing and retaining dedicated employees.
OHA includes most of the state’s health care programs, including Public Health, Health Policy and Analytics, Health Systems Division, and Oregon State Hospital. Incorporating the state’s health care programs within one agency gives the state greater purchasing and marketing power to begin tackling the issues of cost, quality, and access to care.
This employment opportunity is with the Public Health Division, under the Oregon Health Authority (OHA). There is one full-time, permanent position located in Salem (500 Summer Street NE). This position is classified and represented by a union.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Eligibility Policy Analyst assists division managers in the development and implementation of medical programs and operations. This position is responsible for administering, coordinating and developing a variety of medical programs for children, adults and families to ensure physical, mental and emotional well-being.
• Developing program plans, policies, procedures and policy-related materials that will contribute to health care service delivery, meet federal and state requirements, legislative intent, division principles, and budget limits
• Monitoring performance, evaluating findings and preparing comprehensive reports and recommendations for executive staff
• Serving as a resource for coaching and training of customer service staff to ensure the division’s mission, goals and values are met
• Completing legislative analysis and project management.
• Collaborating with other agencies and providing technical assistance and recommendations to partner agencies.
• Other duties as assigned
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; AND four years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to the development/implementation of medical programs and operations.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to seven years of professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to the development/implementation of medical programs and operations.
Two years of experience with responsibility for program/project coordination, including developing or implementing program policy. Programs include Title XIX & Title XXI Medical.
The person who is hired into this position should have the following skills, knowledge and experience.
• Experience developing and implementing
• Experience analyzing legislative material
• Experience in project management
• Ability to collaborate with partner agencies
Please visit www.oregonjobs.org to complete the online application for position number OHA15-0462
Copy and paste the following link:
Salary: $4,569.00 - $6,691.00 Monthly
Application Link: http://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oregon/jobs/1261810/operations-and-policy-analyst-3-eligibility-policy-analyst