Full Time Engraving Manager in Portland Metro at Oregon Catholic Press
Oregon Catholic Presshttp://www.ocp.org/
Location: Portland Metro
Industry: Jobs, Non-Profit
Type: Full Time
Oregon Catholic Press (OCP), the largest not-for-profit Catholic music publisher in the United States is seeking an experienced Engraving Manager for our Engraving Department. If you are passionate about working for a mission-driven organization, we’d love to have you!
The purpose of the Engraving Manager position is to plan, direct and oversee the operations and staff of the OCP Engraving Department, and to facilitate communication between the department and OCP management and other collaborating departments and divisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervises and manages staff members who engrave music and create missal, hymnal, and other worship and music publications
• Ensures that music engraving and layout documents for all music and worship publication projects published by OCP meet expectations of deliverables, style and quality
• Schedules and coordinates projects to ensure level workload. Publishes schedule update weekly.
• Coaches, mentors, and develops staff. Directs training of new employees.
• Creates, tracks, and reports on departmental budget
• Communicates closely with Publishing Plan Management, Product Development managers, and division director regarding project resources and scheduling
• Fosters spirit of unity and teamwork in alignment with company mission and values
• Works with HR to recruit, interview, and hire employees
• Ensures that department remains up to date with essential software
• Collaborates with Product Development, Worship Publications, Prepress, and Online Technologies to ensure good processes and communication
• Ensures that OCP’s engraving and worship publication electronic files are maintained and secure
• Represents the interests and expertise of the Engraving department on interdepartmental teams and committees, such as Strategic Planning, process improvement, Digital First initiative, and others
• Provides backup project assistance as skills and training allow
• Bachelor’s degree in Music or equivalent experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of music and music notation
• 2+ years’ experience performing or composing music
• Strong computer skills, including Finale / InDesign software experience
• High level of skill and understanding of all Engraving processes
TO APPLY: Successful completion of background check, drug screen and reference checks are a condition of employment. Additional assessments may be required. OCP is an affirmative action employer providing equal opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, disabled individuals and other protected groups. For complete job details and to apply submit resume at www.ocp.org/careers.
Salary: Information not posted
Application Link: http://www.ocp.org/careers