Full Time Enrollment and Database Specialist in Portland Metro at Saturday Academy
Enrollment and Database Specialist
Location: Portland Metro
Industry: Education, Jobs, Non-Profit
Type: Full Time
Title: Enrollment and Database Specialist
Salary range: $30,000-$38,000 DOE; plus full medical, dental, 401K and disability benefits
Founded in 1983, Saturday Academy is a nonprofit educational organization that has helped over 175,000 young people (approximately 7000 enrollments/year) experience hands-on learning with community experts in a way that enriches young lives and develops a life-long curiosity and passion for learning. Saturday Academy offers classes, summer camps, and afterschool programs throughout the Portland Metropolitan area (grades 2-12) and a high school internship program that is state-wide. We inspire children to learn in nearly every field, but concentrate on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) due to the fast pace of change in these fields. Saturday Academy is affiliated with the University of Portland and our headquarters are on the University of Portland campus in North Portland.
The Enrollment and Database Specialist, as a member of the Operations team, is responsible for assisting students, parents, instructors and internal staff with all aspects of the enrollment and application processes and instructor on-boarding process for the Classes and Apprenticeship in Science and Engineering (ASE) programs. As the first point of contact for the public, this position acts as an information and database specialist and is responsible for answering questions concerning class content, payments, financial aid, enrollment policies and their translation into our Salesforce database. The position also supports the finance administrator with financial information from the database.
The successful candidate should enjoy helping people and have a commitment to education in addition to having excellent data entry proficiency, word processing, math and spreadsheet skills, and an excellent customer service manner. This position is the Salesforce database specialist for the organization.
• Acts as the primary customer service representative for the Classes and Camps programs by managing incoming calls on the main phone line.
• Communicates with parents/students regarding registration confirmations, class changes, and class cancellations.
• Maintains up to date class enrollment data and reports from the database.
• Keeps parent and student records up to date and performs account maintenance in database.
• Distributes electronic class evaluation surveys to parents/students.
• Tracks and administers class discount coupons and requests for financial aid.
• Monitors the general email account and responds to inquiries.
• Participates in weekly/monthly meetings with the Classes, Operations and ASE departments.
• Supports Classes and Camps in the busy summer season: producing class schedules, organizing transportation, student nametags, and other associated duties.
• Helps the Classes department with instructor on-boarding.
• Supports student application process for the high school apprenticeship program and other duties for the ASE program.
• Processes electronic payments and refunds for class registrations and prepares check deposits.
• Assists the Finance manager with accounts payable processing and other weekly tasks.
• Performs Salesforce data base entry duties and other maintenance projects for the organization.
• Assists all departments and programs and other duties as assigned.
• Attends and represents SA at fundraising events, and other SA activities.
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
• Exceptional computer skills and database experience (e.g. report building).
• Customer service experience including managing high volume of phone calls during peak seasons.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Experience interacting with diverse groups of people.
• High level of oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated interest in nonprofits, database administration, education, and a commitment to Saturday Academy’s mission.
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Has a driver’s license, insurance and access to a car (mileage reimbursed) for occasional meetings or deliveries in the community
1. Send a resume and cover letter to Lisa Leonard, Director of Operations, Saturday Academy:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line “Saturday Academy Enrollment and Database Specialist”. Confirmation of the receipt of your email will be sent to the email address you use to submit your application.
2. In your cover letter, explain why you were compelled to apply for this position, and how your experience and talents fit the job description and qualifications required as shown above.
3. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For further information visit: www.saturdayacademy.org
This program is available to all without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religion. Qualified individuals with disabilities and those from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.
Salary: $30,000-$38,000 DOE