Full Time Executive Assistant to the Deputy Superintendent in Salem, Oregon at Education-Deputy Superintendent of Public Instruction
Executive Assistant to the Deputy Superintendent
Education-Deputy Superintendent of Public Instructionhttps://www.oregon.gov/ode
Location: Salem, Oregon
Industry: Education, Government, Jobs
Type: Full Time
The Oregon Department of Education’s passion extends beyond the classroom. We seek to foster equity and excellence for every learner through collaborations with educators, partners, and communities. A career at ODE means collaborating with passionate and talented professionals whose influence reaches teachers, administrators, parents and, most importantly, students. Our culture flourishes by embracing diversity and innovation. We strive to remove systemic barriers and define success by providing more equitable opportunities for the children of Oregon.
Our Salem office is recruiting for an Executive Assistant to the Deputy Superintendent of Public Instruction. This is an unclassified executive service position, and you serve at the pleasure of the Deputy Superintendent in an “at will” status.
The Executive Assistant serves as the first point-of-contact for the Office of the Deputy Superintendent and is responsible for the coordination of activities and communication to and from this executive office. The Executive Assistant handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature and must use independent judgement and discretion on a daily basis.
This role requires attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, efficient organizational skills, and the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice. A high level of integrity and professionalism in dealing with customers and stakeholders both internally and externally is key. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture.
The ideal candidate is able to work successfully in a team environment, and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group while keeping abreast of current education and political news in order to maintain a comprehensive awareness of the organization.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSFour years of staff-level experience providing administrative support to management. The experience must include technical or analytical duties in the management of program goals and objectives; performing program or project planning; preparing, monitoring, or controlling budgets; or performing research and providing analytical information and/or recommendations used in management decision making.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration or a closely-related field may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience.In addition to the Minimum Qualifications, this person should have demonstrated and well-developed skills in the following areas:
***YOUR APPLICATION SHOULD CONSIST OF***
- Experience leading and mentoring other administrative personnel.
- Ability to handle complex job responsibilities such as conducting research and analysis, preparing statistical data and spreadsheets, and troubleshooting.
- Mastery skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and experience with Access, along with experience composing various types of professional documents.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, discretion, good judgment, organizational and management ability, initiative, and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to discern and communicate with the highest level of tact and diplomacy, both verbally and in writing to the public, government officials, educators, and the media, and with in-and-out-of-agency staff.
- Must be proactive, flexible, responsible and resourceful.
- Ability to handle the highest level of confidential issues with the utmost sensitivity.
- Must be articulate and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent grammar and spelling a must.
- Exhibits professionalism and composure in stressful situations and in meeting short deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of staff.
- Complete electronic application including supplemental questions.
- Professional Resume that demonstrates the requested skills; and
- Letter of Interest that specifically demonstrates how you meet the skills and why you are the ideal candidate.
- Attach veteran documentation if you are asking for veteran points. To receive veteran preference points, you must attach appropriate documentation.
Failure to complete these steps may result in disqualification of your application.
This job announcement may be used to fill future vacancies in this class of work. Apply now if you are interested in this or future vacancies.
Background Check: Applicants will be subject to a thorough background investigation which may include fingerprinting and driving record check. Adverse background data may be grounds for immediate disqualification. Conviction of a crime will not automatically preclude an appointment. The circumstances involved in the conviction will be considered.
E-Recruit Application Help and Support AND Veterans Preference Information
Application Technical Issues: If you have application login problems, get an error message during the application process, or are experiencing other technical (computer-related) difficulties, please call the NEOGOV help line for assistance at 1-855-524-5627.
The Department of Education does not offer VISA sponsorships. On the first day of employment, you will be required to complete the US Department of Homeland Security’s I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States.
The Department of Education is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce.
- State of Oregon
NOTE: Locations vary by Agency/Department
Salem, Oregon, 97301.
- Agency/Department Contact Information
Salary: $49,356.00 - $69,240.00 Annually
Application Link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oregon/jobs/1964571/executive-assistant-to-the-deputy-superintendent