Full Time Executive Assistant, Office of the President in Portland, Oregon at University of Western States
Executive Assistant, Office of the President
University of Western Stateshttps://www.uws.edu/
Location: Portland, Oregon
Industry: Education, Jobs, Management
Type: Full Time
POSITION: Executive Assistant, Office of the President
DEPARTMENT: Executive Administration
REPORTS TO: Director of Administrative Services, Office of the President
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, Benefitted
The Executive Assistant ensures smooth and orderly operation of the Office of the President by providing administrative support to the President, Director of Administrative Services, and other senior administrators as assigned. Under the direction of the Director of Administrative Services, the Executive Assistant provides complex and confidential support requiring discretion and independent judgment in matters of significance. The primary responsibilities include: coordinating calendars; arranging meetings and events; assisting in document and material preparation; processing paperwork; managing projects; and, providing assistance to students, staff, trustees, and the public. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality and involves interactions with multiple levels of staff, students, trustees, and other contacts outside of the university. The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is key.
Office of the President:
• Facilitates flow of communication to and from the President’s office, receiving internal and external correspondence, prioritizing for review and/or response by the President and responding to time-sensitive matters.
• Oversees and maintains the President’s calendar including organizing and ensuring notice to stakeholders for meetings and other gatherings involving or on behalf of the President.
• Acts as a liaison for the President by answering incoming telephone calls, quickly imparting information and responding to requests and inquiries; appropriately routing calls, taking messages, and ensuring that communication to and from the President’s office is positive and effective.
• Develops and maintains a working knowledge of university personnel, departments, functions, etc.
• Establishes and maintains a friendly, hospitable and professional communication with administration, staff, faculty, trustees, students and various patrons of the university.
• Assists campus guests with obtaining visitor badges and parking passes.
• Maintains appropriate and effective filing system and storage of materials important to the President and the University.
• Assists President and VP of University Affairs with coordinating legal services including tracking and monitoring invoices, facilitating payments, and maintaining a system of legal records.
• Arranges and coordinates special events for and on behalf of the President or other administrators.
• Coordinates President’s attendance at internal and external events and meetings, including preparing documentation, materials, and verbal remarks.
• Composes correspondence, memos, emails, forms, letters, and other documents.
• Prepares agendas and distributes materials for meetings. Records minutes at meetings chaired by the President, and other meetings as assigned.
• Plans logistical arrangements for various meetings and events including but not limited to venue, catering, room accommodations, audiovisual, travel, etc. Provides logistical support for meetings via web conference using GoToMeeting or other web conferencing formats.
• Designs and develops meeting and event materials including flyers, documents, presentations, notebooks, etc.
• Completes and processes travel reimbursement forms; reconciles and reports credit card statements with receipts. Calculate mileage, per diem, lodging, and other expenses.
• Coordinates the tracking of expenses for the Office of the President including reconciling invoicing and facilitating payments.
• Manages the Office of the President email address by promptly reviewing and responding to inquiries.
• Implements and completes specific projects as requested by the President. This may include varying levels of ability to initiate, plan, organize, oversee and complete complex tasks and events.
• Coordinates the President’s award nominations and other forms of external recognition.
• Other duties as assigned.
Board of Trustees:
• Serves as the executive coordinator for the Board of Trustees; facilitates activities and matters of institutional significance for the board on behalf of, and in concert with, the President.
• Manages and coordinates administrative support to the Board of Trustees, including managing the online board portal and assisting the board with its use.
• Oversees and coordinates logistics for board meetings and annual board retreat, including but not limited to: budget planning, venue selection, catering, audiovisual management and communications.
• Coordinates contents of agendas for each Board of Trustees meeting or retreat and Executive Committee meetings in consultation with the President and Board Chair.
• Records minutes for board and committee meetings, as needed.
• Works with Vice President of University Affairs to update, interpret and apply the university’s bylaws and policies as they pertain to the operations of the board.
• Work with Office of the President staff to develop board newsletters and information materials.
• Attend all board meetings and retreats.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job)
• Ability to work effectively with university administrators, faculty, staff, students, trustees, alumni, and members of the public.
• Computer: MS Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint); e-mail applications; web conferencing systems (GoToMeeting) and web-based applications for survey administration and data summary (Survey Monkey).
• Demonstrate a friendly, professional demeanor with all who access the President’s office.
• Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external persons contacting the Office of the President.
• Demonstrate discretion and confidentiality with all work and work products.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes as they arise.
• Work as a team member.
• Ability to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrate ability to think quickly and act appropriately in emergency situations.
• Occasionally work extra hours as requested and agreed upon with the President.
• Willing to learn and take on tasks of increasing responsibility.
• Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
• A general knowledge of HIPAA and FERPA.
REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Training & Experience)
• Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and related work experience
• Minimum four years’ experience as an assistant to a senior administrator or equivalent position.
• Previous experience working at an institution of higher education strongly preferred.
APPLICATION, SCREENING AND HIRING PROCESS:
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Please submit a cover letter, a resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references.
University of Western States conducts background checks for the finalist or finalists of staff and faculty positions. The type of background check will vary by position type.
University of Western States is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit our website at: https://www.uws.edu/about/employment/
Click on the big orange button and follow the prompts.
You may attach your materials as Word or PDF documents.
Salary: $44,000 - $48,000
Application Link: https://www.uws.edu/about/employment/