Full Time HR Manager in Turner, OR at Willamette Valley Vineyards
Willamette Valley Vineyardshttps://www.wvv.com/
Location: Turner, OR
Industry: Human Resources, Jobs
Type: Full Time
WVV is searching for an energetic Human Resources Manager to lead the day-to-day and strategic functions of the HR department. The HR Manager oversees all HR duties in a dynamic business environment with approximately 200 employees engaged in agriculture, manufacturing, hospitality and sales activities.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Manages the development and implementation of the company’s goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for each employee position.
- Responsible for analyzing wage, salary reports, and data to recommend to the CEO competitive compensation and incentive plans for staff.
- Responsible for record-keeping of personnel transactions such as new hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations.
- Maintains the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee records and business information.
- Monitors local, state and federal labor and employment laws and regulations and ensures company policies and procedures are in compliance (HIPPA, ADA, FMLA, OFLA, etc.).
- Set dates and agendas for all New Employee Orientations and work with HR Assistant to be sure all employees attend an NEO within the first 3 months on the job.
- Administer the Annual Employee Review process.
- Works with accounting staff to oversee administrative payroll functions, time-sheet administration, payroll processing support, checking payroll data for compliance and accuracy, coordinating wage garnishments and distribution of paychecks.
- Oversees and directs the development and administration of the Human Resources annual budget.
- Works with the accounting department to administer the company’s workers compensation program.
- Oversees employee benefits program and administers the group health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans, flexible spending plan, 401(k), cafeteria plan, and COBRA. Analyzes existing benefit policies to establish competitive benefits programs. Plans modifications of existing benefits programs and recommends plan changes to the CEO. Notifies employees of changes in benefits programs.
- Responsible for creating a culture of wellness through various programming efforts aimed at maximizing employee wellness in the workplace.
- Manages employee litigation against the company. Conducts internal investigations and resolves disputes; responds to EEOC, BOLI, or other government agency charges at the direction of the CEO. Attends or provides representation on behalf of the company at personnel related hearings and investigations.
- Manages the employee handbook to ensure all policies and procedures are compliant with current local, state and federal labor and employment laws and regulations.
- Serves as Safety Committee chair and prepares agenda and meeting minutes for distribution and record-keeping purposes.
- Maintains and updates the organizational chart.
- Approves all HR and benefit related invoices.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of human resource management.
- Assists in employee onboarding, training, planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Assists in rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Addresses employee complaints and solves problems.
- Operates standard office machines and computer terminals; performs various office support work
- Supports company’s effort to create a more sustainable and “green” environment to improve the company’s positive impact on the environment.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed. Assists in developing policies and procedures as needed.
- Collaborates with all department managers towards profitability and helps drive the vision and mission of WVV.
- Other tasks as assigned by the CEO.
- BS or BA degree in Human Resources or similar field.
- Four or more years of experience and/or training.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from board members, managers, employees, and customers.
- English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- Must have highly developed, detail-oriented organizational, operational, and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to communicate through active listening skills and gather accurate insights to human behavior.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Salary: Not Specified
Application Link: http://wvv.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=686467&job