Full time Lead Micro Enterprise Developer for Portland Mercado & Micro Mercantes Business Incubator in Portland Metro at Hacienda Community Development Corporation
Lead Micro Enterprise Developer for Portland Mercado & Micro Mercantes Business Incubator
Hacienda Community Development Corporationhttp://www.haciendacdc.org/
Location: Portland Metro
Type: Full time
We’re looking for you
You get out of bed in the morning to inspire, coach, and teach emerging entrepreneurs to thrive. You are ready to work on a vibrant inter-disciplinary team focused on micro-enterprise development.
We are the Community Economic Development team at Hacienda CDC. Our ground-breaking work includes the Portland Mercado, the first and only Latino public market in Portland with 19 primarily Latino-owned businesses operating full-time on site; and the Micro Mercantes Commissary Kitchen, housed in the Portland Mercado, currently supporting 30 start-up food entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds.
We are new and running fast. Our efforts launched in spring 2015 and we are only getting busier.
Our team soulmate has bicultural experience and is bilingual in English and Spanish. She or he lives to coach and inspire business owners and can shake out a profit and loss statement like it’s their middle name. They are mission driven to remove cultural and/or economic barriers that hinder our micro-enterprise business owners.
If you’re our chosen team member, as the Lead Micro-enterprise Developer you will provide direct services and support to business owners involved in the Mercado and the Kitchen. You will also help shape the design and practices of our business incubator program as it grows.
Your day to day would look like this:
• Individual meetings with business owners, primarily on site at the Mercado
• Meetings to building community partnerships in support of the business owners
• Holding an afternoon or evening meeting or series of meetings for group training
• Arranging seminars and networking events for businesses in the incubator program
• Connecting and planning with your team on a weekly basis to ensure strong communication in a fast-paced environment
You’ll also need to be skilled at analytical writing, administrative tasks, and data entry related to your work.
You’ll work with a cadre of talented individuals, including the Community Economic Development (CED) Department Director, the Portland Mercado Manager, the Micro Mercantes Kitchen Manager, the CED Marketing Coordinator, and another fabulous Micro-Enterprise Developer. The team also has two fantastic janitorial staff members that work at the Portland Mercado. We will also have an AmeriCorps VISTA on staff by September 2015.
What you need to get the job done
• Knowledge and experience in the stages of small business development and business financials; we prefer someone with direct business experience
• Experience as owner or manager in a food retail or restaurant business
• Strong ability to train low-income entrepreneurs on the basics of business finance, including taxes, profit and loss statements, and cash flow projections
• Strong ability to help low-income entrepreneurs set goals, and hold them accountable and motivate them to meet those goals in a timely fashion
• Mission-driven, with a focus on supporting economic development and wealth creation in low-income communities
• Socially skilled, culturally sensitive and able to support the development of a community of entrepreneurs in the Business Incubator
• We need someone who is bi-lingual in Spanish and English, and who has bi-cultural experience and knowledge.
• Completion of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Computer experience and ability to use and learn about a variety of computer and web-based programs.
This is a full time, non-exempt position. Local travel is necessary, and access to a car is necessary. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required for meetings, classes and events. All positions at Hacienda CDC are at will and subject to annual performance evaluations.
What you’ll make
Salary will depend on the candidate’s experience and skills, but annual salary has been budgeted in a range from $38,000-$45,000. Hacienda offers a full-range of benefits, including health care, dental care, 401(k) contribution, employee assistance program, vacation time, sick time and other benefits.
Submit your resume, a list of references, and a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position to: Martha Caballero, Human Resources at email@example.com
Open until 09/06/2015 or filled
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Hacienda CDC is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: $38,000-$45,000 DOE
Application Link: http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5398df10e4b0d76023506380/t/55db88a2e4b0db882cfcfd14/1440450722846/Lead+MED+Micro+Mercantes+Job+Description+2015.pdf