Full Time Portland Japanese Garden seeks Facilities Technician in Portland Metro at Portland Japanese Garden
Portland Japanese Garden seeks Facilities Technician
Portland Japanese Gardenhttps://japanesegarden.org/
Location: Portland Metro
Industry: Jobs, Non-Profit, Other
Type: Full Time
The Facilities Technician is responsible for providing proactive hands-on maintenance and responsive service for repairs and projects for all facilities campus wide. The Facilities Technician reports to and works closely with the Director of Facilities.
• Become familiar with all of the building systems within the Garden campus to develop and execute regular maintenance plans for all physical structures, equipment, and systems. These range from historic home construction to highly sophisticated mechanical systems.
• Track all repairs and maintenance to ensure work is completed fully and well.
• Record and maintain all expenditure records. Assist in preparing yearly budgets.
• Monitor fulfillment of service contracts for building equipment, pest control, etc.
• Maintain a well-organized inventory of maintenance supplies and tools.
• Help execute regular floor care, roof cleaning and repair, and gutter cleaning campus-wide.
• Participate in periodic deep cleaning projects at each physical structure, including inside and outside areas.
• As assigned, help repair and maintain Garden owned vehicles.
• Proactively communicate with staff when facilities work will impact their work environment.
• Support the Director of Facilities in providing 24 hour on-call support for troubleshooting facility emergencies.
• Familiarize oneself with the organization and the Employee Handbook.
• Get to know fellow staff members, developing trust, establishing credibility, encouraging teamwork, and creating an atmosphere of open, honest, two-way communication.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
• Adhere to safe working practices, including wearing appropriate attire for tasks assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities.
• Minimum three years of facility maintenance experience including mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems, carpentry, and painting
• High School Diploma and a college degree preferred
• Ability to work independently and exhibit initiative to solve problems, including tracking situations until appropriate resolution is achieved.
• Ability to handle multiple demands and shifting task priorities while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Recognize when a task requires additional help and ask for it. Teamwork is highly valued at the Garden.
• Attention to detail and willingness to take the extra step to do it well
• Clear communication skills, both verbal and written
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
• Computer literacy including but not limited to the Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to repeatedly lift up to 75lbs and maneuver heavy items
• Ability to climb and work on tall ladders
• Manual dexterity with hazardous tools, equipment and power tools
• Willingness and flexibility to meet the changing requirements of the job
• Able to work weekends, garden events, and special hours when needed
• Wage: $19.00 per hour
• This is a full-time, hourly position with 40 hours per week. Shifts are typically 8 hours (plus ½ hour lunch), 8:00am to 4:30pm. Some weekend and after-hours work will be required.
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, and paid vacation, sick, and holiday.
To apply, please email a resume (no more than four pages), cover letter, and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Facilities Technician” in the subject line. Please no phone calls or hand delivered applications. Submit application materials by Friday, October 27.
Application Link: https://japanesegarden.org/careers/