Full Time Roller Derby Event and Facilities Manager in Portland Metro at Rose City Rollers
Roller Derby Event and Facilities Manager
Rose City Rollershttps://www.rosecityrollers.com/
Location: Portland Metro
Industry: Event Planning, Jobs, Non-Profit
Type: Full Time
The Bouts and Facilities Manager oversees game planning and execution and provides a high-quality experience for RCR fans and supporters, with a special focus on reaching desired event attendance and revenue goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Plan and execute approximately 40 bouts per year (approx. 20 weekends) covering all teams and programs in collaboration with league leadership, ensuring all match-ups are competitive and engaging
● Ensure all bouts are fan-centric, high quality, and meet safety requirements
● Schedule, staff, oversee, train, and support bout volunteers and actively seek out/develop leaders
● Function as on-site Bout Manager at least 90% of RCR bouts and schedule coverage as needed
● Work with Oaks Park on issues related to the facility
● Oversee fire permitting
● Ensure necessities, including water, toilets, bout materials, etc. are stocked/prepared and external factors like bootcamps and weather have been considered
About the Rose City Rollers
The Rose City Rollers mission is to serve women and girls who want to play the team sport of roller derby, connect with an inclusive community, and realize their power both on skates and off.
Play strong, train smart, and have fun.
Be welcoming and embrace differences.
Respect the game and each other.
Keep making it better.
Bring your best self and trust others to do the same.
We are looking for a candidate that embraces our mission and values and looks forward to joining a team of dedicated employees and volunteers in making our many games successful.
This role is salaried at 35hrs/week. Work often happens on weekends and evenings. Outside of 40+ events at the Hangar, work is done from a home office, typically M-F, 9-5. Phone accessible during all practices for facilities emergencies. Note: no vacations Jan-Jun in first year.
We will only review those applications that have followed our the instructions laid out here: https://www.rosecityrollers.com/were-hiring-events-and-facilities-manager/
Application Link: https://www.rosecityrollers.com/were-hiring-events-and-facilities-manager/