Full Time Senior Administrative Specialist in Portland, Oregon at City of Portland
Senior Administrative Specialist
City of Portlandhttp://www.portlandoregon.gov/
Location: Portland, Oregon
Industry: Government, Jobs
Type: Full Time
The City of Portland is currently seeking a senior administrative specialist to join the Portland Bureau of Transportation. This position is responsible for providing customer service to the City’s on-street parking customers; reconciling pay station coin counts; monitoring on-street customer call taking service, processing refunds for verified problems at parking meters/streetcar ticket vending machines/parking payment application (Parking Kitty); responding to questions from citizens, as well as a variety of other office/administrative roles. A successful candidate will possess the ability to communicate effectively via phone and email by utilizing active listening and clearly speaking to customers. Experience in parking operations preferred but not required.
Why work at the City of Portland?
The City of Portland is committed to offering medical, dental, vision, basic life, and long term disability coverage that provides quality care, support and value to eligible employees and their family members. Additional benefits such as flexible spending accounts, supplemental life insurance and employee assistance program coverage is available to ensure employees have the appropriate tools to safeguard themselves and their family.
The Portland Bureau of Transportation is a community partner in shaping a livable city. We plan, build, manage and maintain an effective and safe transportation system that provides people and businesses access and mobility. We keep Portland moving. For more information about the Portland Bureau of Transportation, please visit www.portlandoregon.gov/pbot. The Portland Bureau of Transportation embraces diversity, models inclusivity, and promotes equity through its service delivery, internal operations, organizational culture, and in its work with partners and the community.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing customer service and problem solving techniques including dealing with concerned customers in sensitive situations.
- Ability & experience operating a computer, making advanced use of word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other specialized software.
- Ability to understand and explain regulations and policies.
- Ability & experience organizing, setting priorities and exercising sound, independent judgment within areas of responsibility.
- Experience preparing clear, accurate and concise records and/or reports.
The Recruitment Process
Applicants must submit a professional resume online, specifically focused on your qualifications for this position as identified in the “To Qualify” section of this announcement in accordance with the following Application Instructions:
- Your answers to the supplemental questions should include details describing your education, training and/or experience, and where obtained which clearly reflects your qualifications for each of the numbered items in the “To Qualify” section of this announcement.
- Your résumé should support the details described in your answers to the supplemental questions.
- If you are requesting Veteran’s Preference, as identified below, please describe in your answers any transferrable skills obtained during your military service and how they relate to each of the required minimum qualifications under the “To Qualify” section above.
- Your résumé is recommended to not exceed a total of two-four (2-4) pages combined.
All completed applications for this position must be submitted no later than the closing date and time of this recruitment. E-mailed and/or faxed applications will not be accepted.
If you are requesting Veteran’s Preference, attach a copy of your DD214 / DD215 and / or Veteran’s Administration Letter stating your disability to your profile, as well as checking the box identifying yourself as a Veteran. You must request Veteran’s Preference AND include a copy of your documentation for each recruitment you apply for.
Veteran’s Preference documentation must be submitted no later than the closing date and time of this recruitment
Non-citizen applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at time of application.
It is the policy of the City of Portland that no person shall be discriminated against based on race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income. The City values diversity and encourages everyone who is interested in employment with the City to apply. If you wish to identify yourself as an individual with a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 and will be requesting accommodation, the requests must be made to the Analyst(s) named below No Later Than the Closing Date of This Announcement.
Senior Human Resources Analyst
Bureau of Human Resources
Salary: $3,946.80 - $6,075.33 Monthly
Application Link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor/jobs/1925633/senior-administrative-specialist/apply?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs