Part Time SW Washington Network Navigator in Vancouver WA at Cascade AIDS Project
SW Washington Network Navigator
Cascade AIDS Projecthttp://www.cascadeaids.org/
Location: Vancouver WA
Industry: Jobs, Non-Profit, Social Services
Type: Part Time
Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to supporting and empowering all people with or affected by HIV, reducing stigma, and providing the LGBTQ+ community with compassionate healthcare. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is excited to announce that we have expanded our services to SW Washington! We are currently hiring an experienced SW Washington Network Navigator. This is a part-time, .7 FTE, 28 hours/week position which reports to the Deputy Director of SW Washington Services. The Network Navigator works with the staff and management of Cascade AIDS Project (CAP) to provide high-quality, coordinated, strengths-based social services consistent with the agency’s mission. The individual assists People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWH) who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness and have mental health and/or substance abuse disorders. The individual will work across agencies and systems to assure access to services through CAP and other social services providers.
Responsibilities include: collaborating with medical case managers, medical teams and other support services providers in developing individual goal plans and providing intensive, community-based support to clients in carrying out the activities to achieve their goals; developing a comprehensive knowledge of the HIV continuum of care as well as non-HIV specific services available in the Clark County area; educating service providers outside of the HIV continuum of care about HIV and HIV-specific services; providing outreach and education to people experiencing homelessness about the availability of HIV testing and services; completing forms and entering data into designated databases in a timely and accurate manner. The Client Network Navigator works collaboratively and communicates effectively with clients, volunteers, CAP staff, and community partners.
The person in this position is stationed in CAP’s Vancouver office and will travel throughout the Clark, Skamania and Multnomah County service area for meetings and client home-visits. Occasional evening and weekend work, a state-issued driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle are required. This is a non-management, union-represented position.
• Bachelor’s Degree in human/social services field (social work, public or community health, psychology) and one year of related experience or at least two years of related experience
• Demonstrated computer and keyboard proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of the internet
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Successful experience working with ethnic, racial, economic and sexually diverse populations and persons who have experienced homelessness, persons with a mental illness and/or substance addiction
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with community stakeholders
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently with accountability and exercise sound judgment, discretion and professionalism at all times
• Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Valid driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle
• Previous professional or volunteer experience working with people living with HIV
• Knowledge of social services in the SW Washington Area
• Knowledge of benefits programs available to people with HIV
• Verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish
• Familiarity with Critical Time Intervention, Assertive Community Treatment or Intensive Case Management models of service
Compensation: $26,159 at 28 hours/week annually, based on the union contract; employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
NOTE: This is a union represented position.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for,
2) your resume, and
3) a completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
Network Navigator Position (SW Washington Office)
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Link: http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/